Emotional Support Animal ID Card - Protect Your Right to Have an ESA With You
An emotional support animal is a US legal term for a pet which provides therapeutic benefit to its owner through companionship & affection. They require only as much training as an ordinary pet requires in order to live peacefully among humans without being a nuisance or a danger to others. In the US, 2 federal laws grant special rights to some owners of ESAs.
The Air Carrier Access Act establishes a procedure for modifying pet policies on aircraft to permit a person with a disability (including emotional) & a letter from a physician to travel with a prescribed ESA so long as they have appropriate documentation & the animal is not a danger to others & does not interfere with others.
The Fair Housing Amendments Act establishes a procedure for modifying "no pets" policies in most types of housing to permit a person with a disability to keep a pet for emotional support. The qualified applicant may either make a verbal request, or send a written request of reasonable accommodation to the landlord, in either case with a letter from a physician. If the landlord refuses the request, a complaint can be filed with the department of Housing & Urban Development or with the U.S. Department of Justice. In housing that allows pets but charges additional rent or deposits for them, these fees must be waived. The ESA's owner can be charged for actual damage done by the animal, but they may not require the applicant to pay a fee or a security deposit in order to keep the animal.
ESAs do not have the right to go anywhere other animals are not allowed with the exception of the 2 examples above.
Carry it in your wallet so you can easily show others what the law says or you can place it in an ESA vest. These cards make it easy to educate the uninformed of your rights. Your ESA ID Tag identifies your companion as a Emotional Support Animal.
Click the [Add To Cart Button] Now!
Features of Emotional Support Animal ID Card - Protect Your Right to Have an ESA With You
- Clearly identifies your pet as an Emotional Support Animal (ESA)
- Made of thick plastic just like a credit card. The color is infused into the plastic so it can't flake off. This is not a cheap laminated card like some offer.
- Emotional Support Animals can not be charged extra fees to fly with you in the cabin. (Requires a note from your Dr.)
- Emotional Support Animals are allowed in "No Pets Housing" with a letter stating that it is required by your Dr. Also landlords can not charge pet fees for Emotional Support Animals. However you are financially responsible for any damages to the unit.
- Made in the USA by the largest producer of Service Dog IDs in the World.
Specifications of Emotional Support Animal ID Card - Protect Your Right to Have an ESA With You
|Product Dimensions||3.4 x 2.1 inches|
|Item Weight||0.3 ounces|
Write a reviewYour Name:
Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: